Christmas season is a wonderful time of the year full of traveling, family get-togethers, festive outings with all sorts of tempting treats, wine and dine and overindulgence.
But this overindulgence on short winter days with hectic holiday schedules can make it hard for people especially busy moms to hit the gym and stay healthy.
Moreover, it’s not just the inability to hit the gym that shows the extra pounds packing in all the wrong places but binge eating is also to be equally blamed.
You’ll be surprised to know that according to a study on a per-serving basis, Americans buy about 440 extra calories during the holidays. Studies by NEJM confirm that Americans saw their weight increase by 0.4% during Christmas.
In all this commotion busy moms suffer the most as they have to look after everything from taking care of the kids to cooking to party and guest arrangements and hardly find any time for themselves.
So here are some easy tips for all the mommies that can help them stay fit:
- Early to bed, early to rise: If you are a mom, it’s given that you are busy. So try getting up early and exercising while your kids are still fast asleep. This time will entirely be yours without any distractions- your ‘ME’ time. You can try doing a short interval yet high intensity workout of your choice be it yoga or dancing. However, in order to get up early, you’ll probably require getting into bed early. You will have to be more disciplined, but in the long run getting more disciplined will surely be beneficial for you.
- Walk: “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day”, says Henry David Thoreau. This is so true and this is the easiest way to get some good exercise. Take out time to go for a walk every day, either with family or alone. Daily walk not only helps you to lose weight but also helps in lowering your blood pressure and reduces your risk of many chronic diseases.
- Try a jogging stroller: If you have small babies or toddlers at home and you love to jog, try a jogging stroller. A jogging stroller is a standard 4 wheeled baby stroller. You can carry your baby with you while you go out on a run, just be very careful in securing and padding your child while you run and lose your pregnancy weight healthily.
- Include lots of salad in your diet: Want to stay fit? Experts suggest, include a bowl of fresh salad in your diet. It’s the simplest yet yummiest way to stay healthy. Salads are very easy to make, they are not at all time consuming and they taste yum, of course.
Including salad in your everyday life offers so many health benefits. Some of them are listed below:
a) Salads are loaded with fiber: Salads are loaded with fiber and eating a high fiber diet makes us feel satiety, thus we eat less and ultimately lose weight.
b) Eating Salads helps in cutting down our calorie intake: Starting the meal with a salad enhances satiety and reduces the total number of calorie intake during the meal.
c) Eat Salad with little dressing to get good fats: Olive oil, avocados etc used in salad dressing contains monounsaturated fat, which is considered to be good fat. This fat when had with vegetables help our body to absorb protective phytochemicals, like lycopene from tomatoes and lutein from dark green vegetables. This kind of fat does not accumulate on your body, instead, it helps us to stay fit.
- Stay Hydrated: Don’t forget to keep your body hydrated, and trust me drinking water doesn’t take much time. No matter how busy you may be, you can always take out time to drink this elixir of life. Keep a water bottle handy for more convenience. Drink plenty of water on night outs because alcohol robs water from your body so staying hydrated is very important. Many of the effects felt after a night of heavy drinking is related to dehydration. Also drinking a large glass of water half an hour before a meal can help lessen the amount of food that you consume. You can also drink lemon water for faster digestion.
Staying Hydrated have following benefits:
- a) It helps to control our body temperature
- b) Allows the kidneys to remove waste products from our body
- c) Has positive effect on our mood
- d) Keeps our brain active and alert
- e) Helps to keep our Blood pressure stable.
Christmas time is a beautiful time. So ladies, Celebrate it to its best but don’t ignore your health while having a merry time. Don’t forget to burn some fat while having all that awesome party food. Follow these simple tips mentioned above to stay fit and have a healthy and hearty X-mas.
Written by guest writer Victoria Delton
Get 20% off your first order!
Join our list to to stay in the loop & get a code for 20% off. >>>>>